Daytripping is a special option during the week of June 17-21 for kids entering grades 6-8. At SummerTime 2019, kids are going to cool off at a local beach, ride the Ice Jet at Canobie Lake Park, and become overnight televsion stars through Belmont Media. With three chaperones leading the way, the daytripping model is designed for kids to discover Boston in new and safe ways.
Here’s a preliminary outline of trips in 2019*:
- Monday: Revere Beach - There's nothing better than sunshine, ice cream, and fun
- Tuesday: Dim Sum and Codzilla - Kids get to indulge in some tasty delights followed by a roaring ride on the harbor.
- Wednesday: Sailing with Community Boating - Knot, knots, and more knots
- Thursday: Canobie Lake Park – Try out their new ride, Ice Jet!
- Friday: Scavenger Hunt – It's legendary for a reason.
With the exception of Canobe Lake, trips are made possible by Boston’s good old MBTA system and an unlimited Charlie Card. So tell your kids to double knot those laces and get ready to hit the pavement. This city has much to offer.