Daytripping is a special option during the week of June 18-22 for kids entering grades 6-8. At SummerTime 2018, kids are going to cool off at Constitution Beach, ride the Ice Jet at Canobie Lake Park, get an insider view of Allston/Brookline. With three chaperones leading the way, the daytripping model is designed for kids to discover Boston in new and safe ways.
Here’s a preliminary outline of trips in 2017*:
- Monday: Constitution Beach – enjoy sunshine and airplanes by the shore.
- Tuesday: Visit the ICA and East Boston – after checking out the latest in contemporary art, we'll grab some grub in East Boston
- Wednesday: Allston/Brookine Tour – Urban Renewals? Brookline Booksmith? FoMu? Zaftigs? How can you go wrong?
- Thursday: Canobie Lake Park – a day filled with water, thrill, and family rides.
- Friday: Scavenger Hunt – follow the clues to win the grand prize! Promise it’s better than candy.
With the exception of Canobe Lake, trips are made possible by Boston’s good old MBTA system and an unlimited Charlie Card. So tell your kids to double knot those laces and get ready to hit the pavement. This city has much to offer.