Daytripping is a special option during SummerTime’s final week, June 26-30 for kids entering grades 6-8 in the fall. At SummerTime 2017, kids are going to cool off at Revere Beach, ride the Corkscrew Coaster at Canobie Lake Park, get an insider view of the South End, and tour ice cream around town. With three chaperones leading the way, the daytripping model is designed for kids to discover Boston in new and safe ways.
Here’s a preliminary outline of trips in 2017*:
- Monday: Revere Beach – enjoy sunshine and ice cream by the shore.
- Tuesday: Canoeing on the Charles OR Day of Fine Culture – because sometimes you just can't decide
- Wednesday: Canoeing on the Charles OR Day of Fine Culture – because sometimes you just can't decide
- Thursday: Canobie Lake Park – a day filled with water, thrill, and family rides.
- Friday: Scavenger Hunt – follow the clues to win the grand prize! Promise it’s better than candy.
With the exception of Canobe Lake, trips are made possible by Boston’s good old MBTA system and an unlimited Charlie Card. So tell your kids to double knot those laces and get ready to hit the pavement. This city has much to offer.
*Trips may vary slightly. Please visit this webpage for updates.